July 03, 2005

Selfishly sad.

I hope it's Okay with the blogosphere if I confess a little. I'm selfishly sad tonight because I miss my friends. Brian and Carrie are in Portland, Oregon. They just moved there. Brian was my college roommate and co-hort in philosophical mayhem. They are starting a new life together there, and it's good for them. They live together now, and I know how wonderful living with your soulmate is. Still, I'm sad. Listening to the new Coldplay, a band Brian always liked. I was selfishly sad when Chris left for the Navy when we were very young. I was depressed for a long while about it, but I never told him. I know it's selfish to want your friends to stay where they are, just so you can see them. But I can't help it.

5 comments:

Neighbor Girl said...

It is selfish and I think we are all guilty of it. I want so much to be near my friends and spend all the time in the world with them. In my perfect world there is a little "Rachael commune" full of picket fenced yards and happy little houses filled with the people I love. There are also raspberry bushes everywhere and everyone has a pool- a big heated in-ground pool with a jacuzzi. Kinda sounds like a tripped out Bob Ross painting.

DePardue said...

The thing about life is that we all get over it. I was always the one leaving so I guess I couldn't sympathize. Sorry dude.

Pragmatik said...

I usually am the person doing all the leaving, with a few exceptions. I suppose it's an instance of bad faith on my part, at times, wherein I pretend that the distance is something that happened, rather than something that I did.

R.M. said...

Brian moved to OR?!?? No-one ever tells me anything! (If you're reading this, you're in trouble, B..)

Pragmatik said...

I'll send you his mailing address, and the URL of his blog when it's up and running;)