June 30, 2004

Good to get work done.


The view from my office window. I have been in the bad habit of trying to get work done at home, rather than in my office at the university lately. That means, of course, that I have not been getting through the reading I have been meaning to. I went in yesterday and today, however, and I finished the admittedly short Man's Place in Nature by Max Scheler by very early this afternoon. I read very slowly, so this is a big deal to me. So I took off early today, went to the bookstore to get a notebook for some Scheler notes, took a walk and had a Red Bull (my first one). I lead such an exciting life. In big-time excitement, though, Scheler does sum up the thesis I am kicking around which will be the topic of my dissertation. Along with William James, Sartre and Thoreau Scheler is one of the most insightful and human individuals to have walked the earth (or sauntered, Henry). No, I am not ready to embarrass myself by sharing that dissertation topic with anyone yet. One day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new/old blog. The design is very clean and the colors very serene. I've never had problems with disc space at Typepad. Of course, I have no idea what that means. I guess I should take a look at my monthly bill, which is usually buried in the Am Ex bill and I just write the check. In any event, congratulations on your new/old site!

Loretta @ pomegranatesandpaper