June 06, 2005

Back (again).

So, here I am like an old lady, tired as hell at 11:30, though it's 12:30 tomorrow to me, since I woke up on the East Coast this morning. Driving 1/3 of the way across the country is tiring, dude. Really. Try it. I still feel like I'm being pulled along by the Focus at 75 mph and bouncing around Kentucky. And, no matter how much I turn up the subwoofer on the computer, it's quiet and without sufficient bass, after nearly 14 hours of the big car stereo. I think I'm deaf. More old lady complaints. On the bright side, the A/C in the Focus rocks, Ford style. God bless American and all that. I promise to get back to blogging more now that I'm back in Illinois. This break was much busier than I thought it would be, which means it was also one long party-ish-type-time. Too much pizza and beer. Moderate exercise. Too much money spent at Ikea. Too many books bought. Never enough time spent with some of my favorite people, as is always the case, it seems. So, I have some errands and chores and household shopping, but normal blogging will resume tomorrow (Tuesday) or the day after. Or I owe you each one beer, of your choosing. But no pizza. Come on, I'm a student, damn it. Many photos and stories, and I still have to get to the book meme, from Lorianne:)

6 comments:

Sal said...

> Deaf

oh yeah. same tired-through-subsonic-soundhammering on airplanes too. try putting on sound-cancelling headphones, even without bothering about music. by GOD they make a difference. even jetlag goes to near-zero

Sal said...

err, sorry, should have said: NEXT TIME, try putting on etc...

bit late now
:)

Pragmatik said...

Sal, so good to hear from you!
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive with headphones on in most states, though -- as if one could hear anything over highway noise anyway:)

dbhayes said...

I love driving long distances. But not as much as I like sitting next to someone who does the driving for me.

Pragmatik said...

Good point, but I get bored in the car -- can't read except in trains and on planes, not sure why. Driving makes the trip go by faster, but you never get to really look around much. And it makes my damned foot hurt.

Lorianne said...

Hey, no rush with the book meme...I took my good sweet time getting around to it myself.

Next week I'll be driving to Ohio to visit my family, so I hear you on road hypnosis... :-)