November 02, 2004

Tired of watching the poll results?

Me, too. Here are some fun diversions, with which I am diverting myself in posting thereby, uh, for your diversionary pleasure, er, you get it, right? This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the internet, sent to me by my very good friend Dan. (See that dude above? That's Dan.) Make sure you have your sound on, and, yes, it's safe for work -- no foul language, honest, not that there's anything wrong with foul language, etc.: Badger. Further, some interesting pages on how the top two American pencil manufacturers make their pencils: Papermate Dixon Ticonderoga And did you know that Thoreau was instrumental in bringing American pencils up to the standards of the then-superior French and German pencil manufacturers? See this article and this article. And here's why pencils are usually yellow. I hate yellow pencils. I like unfinished or black-painted ones. Yup. Bored more with these too-much-coffee typings? Blame Dan, my fellow pencil aficionado.

1 comment:

Sal said...

Finally, my browser can get a comment through!

Badger II, The Banana's Revenge