November 10, 2004

Reaching across lines.

Despite the differences in our political views, I heartily recommend this post from Fray Dog. He's right. We all need to reach out. Leaving for Canada (or France, or Germany, or Australia, etc.) at this point really doesn't make any sense. And so long as Pat Robertson and company are not in power any more than they are, leaving is really the cowards' way out. For now. Ask me in five years, and, if the Christian Right weilds more power (which I doubt and which can't be very desirable for anyone in either party who is not some zealous nutjob), and you may have to find me far far away. Now, though, is the time to reach across those lines and work something out. We have a hell of a mess to clean up in Iraq and plenty of other work to do. Okay, no more politics from me for a while. I don't usually rant like this. Oh, but one more thing that I can't resist. Good riddance Mr. Ashcroft. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments: